In this amazing year where the summer has reached over 40˚C in the UK with the majority of the time the highs are in the mid 20s this is the perfect time to be outdoors. Staycations and camping are now the new norm. Last week I just came back from Bournemouth and I would highly recommend traveling to the UK’s coast line, sun sea, fish n chips, what’s not to like. So pack your bags get in the car or train it to any part of the UK outside of your home town and I’m sure you will enjoy the outdoors, it’s genuinely the way forward.
Ben Nevis Clothing / Wearite / Kamp KIt originally made tents when we first started out, so ever since we have always kept an element of camping goods to make life easier in the great outdoors away from our home comforts.
Camping essentials that we would recommend are below:
- Tents or emergency shelters (Available instore)
- Sleeping bag (more instore)
- Water bottle
- Fire starter
- First Aid Kit
- Portable Stove
- Compact Cutlery
- Flash light / Headlight
- Mosquito replants
- Waterproof Clothing
There are many other products that we would recommend but the idea is also to pack light so Of course a bonus product that makes a difference is Toilet paper, never forget this.
Here are a few tips on keeping cool in the summer whilst in a tent.
- Pitch up your tent underneath a shady tree
- Drink lots of water
- Start your day early, so if you need to travel by foot from site to site then it’s best you do this before the temperature hits the maximum for the day.
- Use a lightweight sleeping bag or ditch it completely and just use a light sheet.
- Have a cold shower, or dip in the sea or lake and stream.
- Use a sun hat
Where ever you go and what ever you take the most important thing is you’re around the ones you care about, that’s all that matters.