If the cap fits wear it…🧢
The baseball cap is an essential part of any summer outfit, it’s just as important as Shorts, t-shirts or sunscreen, not just protection from the Sun, if a cap is worn correctly it can add character and depth to your look and complete your outfit.
Tactile fabrics such as suede and corduroy add a touch of class but for cold temperatures, so when it comes summer ready, polyester and cotton are nice way to keep cool.
For a casual look use your cap to tie in your outfit together by picking the same colour as another part of your outfit i.e. shirts shorts and sandals.
For a Smarter and contemporary look wear a plain premium cap with an unstructured blazer worn over a T-shirt with fresh white trainers this way you don’t scream angsty teenager. Although if you are from the streets opt for a five panel cap with a Hoody or logoed T-shirt and jeans embracing the manner without trying too hard.
Our tips for wearing a baseball cap
- Take that sticker or label of the brim unless you’re a world-renowned rapper
- Make sure you have a cap that fits as the oversize cap is not a look neither is it practical as the wind will just blow it off
- On the flipside don’t have a tight as it can leave red marks across your forehead and also cause headaches
- Wear it backwards for four weeks but never sideways you’re not in the fresh Prince
- Depending on your age opt for simplicity wherever possible and let the cap compliment your outfit not to take over
- Finally if you’re out all day wearing your hat make sure you can also don the cap at your evenings entertainment, it’s not a good look when management tell you to remove your cap.
For authenticity whilst writing this blog I wore my Failsworth cap Backwards as that is my look when I mean business
Good day good day