The CWU 45 is the rightful successor to the MA-1. It was issued in the 1970s and designed for cold climate zones. CWU is short for Cold Weather Unit; consequently, the relaxed-fit jacket is lined with nylon to keep you warm and cosy. Well, as cosy as it gets in a U. S. Air Force fighter jet. This jacket is yet another testimony to Alpha Industries’ elaborate design and functionality. It is quite versatile: For one, it made Tom Cruise famous (not the other way around). Secondly, although it’s a winter jacket, it is surprisingly light while retaining the sturdiness that is to be expected of a military-grade garment.
- OUTER: 100% Flight Nylon
- LINING: 100% Nylon
- FILL: 100% Polyester
- Dry clean only.
- Fold down collar
- Onion quilted lining
- Alpha logo on zig-zag zipper extension
- MA-1 utility pocket on sleeve
- Signature red “Remove Before Flight” flag
- Removable patch with Alpha embroidery on chest
- Two lower flap pockets
- One interior patch pocket
- Knit rib cuffs and waistband